A Trip to my Home Town

How I wish I could speed away
From a busy town like Jaipur
And get aboard a little bus
Going straight to Mookkannur

When I reach the bus stop
I take a rickshaw
And I head straight for the little house
Which is perfect, without flaw

As the lovely gate creeks open
I am most likely to see
Pappachachi feeding the cows
Or the dog scratching the fleas

Kunjanti might be cooking rice
On a little outdoor stove
Igins might weeding the fields
And Kochanti picking cloves

Kunjancle might be roasting meat
That we may eat for dinner
And we may be fatten some bulls
But they will only seem to get thinner

Basil might be collecting eggs
From underneath the hens
And Nia may be helping
To clean the bullock's pens

Anila chechi, with Kochanty,
May help to pick the cloves
Suzan chechi may be sewing clothes
And Knitting scarfs and gloves

Jobin chettan might be helping
to clean up the yard
Aibin chettan might be clearing trash
Which stinks of rancid lard

Kunjamma might be dicing meat
But curry she will stir
There is not much technology there
But you can hear a quite whir

Though I wish that it would happen
I am really sad to say
That it can never happen
Because it's lock down today.






Comments

Alen j. Willium said…
Very nice article, Thanks for sharing this to us. I have visited a lot of blogs to read about this topic and I found this blog is informative to me.china rc toys wholesale
china rc toys wholesale

Popular Posts